Where there is love, there is hate. Here goes my ‚I don’t like‘ list:
- Campaign is too short. Some missions were ridiculously short.
- Some action scenes are too much (for example the one from Team Osiris at the beginning, which was also in the trailer).
- The gameplay/theatrical trailer which was launched days before the release. I hated it so much. It made Halo look like an emo-action-whatsoever. Remember the old Halo trailers? The one from Halo 3 or ODST? That was something special. I still get goose bumps when I watch them.
- The characters look weird to me. I can’t really say why but especially Buck has a strange look to him. Maybe it is because we know the actor behind so well. To me it seems as if 343 worked too hard on them. They have over done it.
- Arena is for 16 year old kids who have tons of time on their hands. Or I am just getting old. I can’t do nothing there. It all goes too fast.
- The Req system. Overall I think it is ok but I wish players could work for certain pieces. Like say I wanted the ODST helmet. It would be nice to be able to work for that and not to have pure luck.
- Too few missions with my John.
- The Arbiter should have been more involved in the story and on screen.
- The grunts are so cute I can’t bring myself to kill them. There is this one scene, I don’t remember the mission, where some Grunts are gathered around a pedestal and they are chanting. It sounds so freaking cute. My boyfriend ran in and killed them all and I was angry with him.
- Cortana is back!
Cortana is on both lists, since I can’t make up my mind about her and her role in this game. She being the villain, destroying millions and millions of lifes in order to what? What is she trying to do anyway? Enforce peace? At what cost? Is it even Cortana or is she someone else imprinted with Cortanas persona? And what the hell happened to her looks? I have to admit that I am a bit in love with the Cortana from Halo 4. I think she looked perfect in this game. And now? Cortana does not only act like a bitch, she looks like one too. Pardon my english.
Well, we will all have to wait for Halo 6 to know more.